After searching for several bikes I chose the Yamaha R6. This amazing sport bike has a 4 speed, 4 stroke, horizontal in-line engine.
The transmission is a six speed, manual transmission. The Yamaha YZF R6 is also equipped with Hydraulic front and rear disc brakes.
I chose the Yamaha YZF R6 because it provided me with the perfect street bike with a race bike feel.
The power and speed that this bike generates is amazing. The Yamaha YZF R6 provides all of the spoils at great price. I bought my new street bike for less than $10,000.
Features of the Yamaha YZF R6:
- The Yamaha YZF R6 features a light frame that has been crafted by years of cutting edge technology. This is possibly the best and most advanced street bike that Yamaha has ever built. The Yamaha YZF R6 is the first ever motorcycle with a fly-by-wire throttle system. This motorcycle is able to perform under the harshest of conditions.
- The Yamaha Chip Controlled intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader power band.
- The Yamaha YZF R6 features a back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. This bike has a six speed transmission that provides maximum power and acceleration.
- This motorcycle has domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
- Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, and 02 sensor for spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
- Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and have a flare for the dramatic.
- Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- Deltabox® aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
- The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
- Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
- The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
- Removable rear shock spacer and adjustable fork ride height allows the rider to tailor the ride position for the best fit and comfort.
Pros of owning a Yamaha YZFR6
- The Yamaha R6 sport bike combines all of the elements of power and speed. I have found this sport bike to be one of the best handling sport bikes I have ever ridden. The aluminum frame is super light and easy to manuver and control. The bikes light weight chassis is truly amazing posing no problem for any of the obstacles out on the road.
- The Yamaha 600 seems to me to go from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. The Yamaha YZF R6 engine features a compact, lightweight 67mm x 42.5mm, 599cc DOHC 16-valve, liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, and responds to any of the challenges and conditions of the road. Fuel injection mapping for the YCC Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
- YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
- The Yamaha chip controlled intake has improved the power and performance. The new 5500 rpm provides the power to pass all of the slower cars on the road. The R6, has a stiffer, better balanced suspension and slightly increased fork offset, and transfers weight more progressively. This makes the new Yamaha YZF R6 easier to control and maneuver.
- The cost of the Yamaha R6 is under $10,000. This sport bike is really affordable. When compared to other motorcycles the Yamaha is ahead of it’s class. It offers all kinds of options that are not available on other bikes.
Cons of the Yamaha YZF R6
- At times the transmission and throttle seem a little touchy and hard to use. Sometimes on the throttle it seems to respond too much with too little pressure. The littlest of movement on the throttle seems to throw the bike out of whack. Sometimes the chassis doesn’t seem to respond well at lower speeds.
- This is not a starter bike. Only experienced riders need to ride this bike.
Benefits of the Yamaha YZF R6:
This bike has its benefits. I believe it is an engineering masterpiece. The engine provides the power and that I was looking for. The chassis is super light and easily maneuvered. The clutch really facilitates the braking performance. The high flow air filter and direct air induction make the Yamaha YZF R6 one of the best performing bikes on the market today.
Tips from the Provider:
1. When the spark plugs discolor change them.
2. Follow all maintenance and safety tips.
The Yamaha YZF R6 is the perfect street bike for anyone looking for style, power and performance. It fits perfectly into any budget and will provide you with years of pleasure riding.
The Yamaha R6 provides best in class performance among all 600 series motorcycles. This street bike has the horses to get up and go. It can get you around town or you can let it go on the open road when you please. This street bike has style and packs a punch people won’t forget when you cruise by!